Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Next Glee Cast Member -- Ready to Work!!

My sister told me, plain and simple, "You are the next 'Glee' cast member."

I'm starting to believe it.

Today I spent a lot of time in front of the mirror, completely immersed in the character I am creating for my "Glee" audition video.

She is a lot like me. Quite nerdy, a little awkward, but tends to make people laugh when they let her talk. Living just above the poverty line, but determined and crafty. She's shy, but opens her heart on stage and fills the room with her talent.

She's a former band nerd, who worked her booty off (gymnastics, home stretching and such) in order to become one of the amazing Cheerios. I am on the lookout for a uniform to wear in my audition video.

Always a quiet outsider, my "Glee" character has a big heart, and is dying for a friend to spoil. Rachel is her hero, a beam of light inspiring her to work harder than anyone to achieve her goals. This causes constant worry over upsetting Rachel (she's the star, after all!), which is part of the reason why she has yet to join the Glee Club!

She also blogs and vlogs... :D

I've written a good portion of my "Glee" audition script through improv. I will likely incorporate both scripted narrative and improv in my final audition video. Today, I started thinking about my character's goals.

She would say, "I want an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar, a Tony... and maybe even one of those MTV Awards. As they say on '30 Rock,' I'm 'EGOTTING'!!"

The Cheerios subplot is equally important. She still feels like an outsider there, although she is their star flier and one of the most flexible girls on the team.

Not only is she disliked because she is neither popular nor rich, but there is also a secret event that will be revealed in the video. She wasn't trying to upset anyone, but became the center of controversy while trying to do something good for the world.

You be the judge!

I also feel that her addition to both the Cheerios and New Directions, with her big, big heart, will help other characters on "Glee" to grow in organic ways as well! Coolness. :)

Back to the Cheerios part of the audition video!!

Any suggestions on particular stunts/tumbling/cheers? I'm thinking a few jumps, a kick, roundoffs and cartwheels into the splits. Then a big surprise only my sisters and acting coach get to know. ;)

I'm SO excited, and having so much fun!!

Elisabeth Pascoe, my official consultant on all affairs related to my career and specifically PR, came up with the most brilliant 2 songs for my audition (It's "Glee"-- I have to do a mash-up!!).

And my oldest sister, Theresa Pascoe, is going to arrange the mash-up for me! She has a BRILLIANT musical mind, so this will turn out even better than if I had done so myself! It also gives me more time to work on the vocals!!

I can't wait to work more on this! So... I will not wait! Back to more character development and improv! I live for this stuff!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Mary, I love your attitude about all of this--you're doing the very thing that will make it yours--believing that it's YOURS already! :)

    I'm so fascinated by the process and by your thoughts on everything, because though I love to sing and write songs and perform, I've never had the acting bug, not even a teeny tiny bit! You are clearly an actress down to the bone (or is actor the proper term? I'm hopelessly politically incorrect).

    The folks at Glee would be FOOLS not to choose you!

    Keep me posted... and I'll keep sending positive energy and praying for you to ace that audition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. - Your positivity is infectious! :)

    ReplyDelete